Microsoft has announced January 14, 2020, as the end date for extended support, also known as End of Life (EOL), for the Windows 7 operating system.
What does this mean?
- As of Jan 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer produce any patches or updates or any newly discovered issues for Windows 7.
- Risk: This potentially exposes users of devices with the Windows 7 operating system to vulnerabilities that could potentially be exploited by threat bugs, viruses, and ransomware.
Protect your business now, how we can help you:
Business ICT can help you successfully migrate off of Windows 7.
How do we do?
- To migrate successfully, devices need to have a minimum hardware specification to run Windows 10 at a productive level.
- We will run a detailed report showing you:
- which devices are running Windows 7, Office 2010.
- how old they are and if replacing or upgrading is the right strategy.
- Our top priority with this migration is to minimize security vulnerabilities and help you avoid major downtime.
A straight upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 offers the following key benefits:
- Smoother and faster operations.
- More economical use of memory and disk space.
- Increased security.
- Better built-in support for newer types of hardware including secure boot capabilities with UEFI, USB 3.0, Bluetooth adapters, high-definition screens (i.e. better scaling), and solid state drives (eg NVMe).
- New ‘Edge Browser’.
- New features such as Cortana, an AI-based personal assistant, notifications and Windows Store apps.
Please click the below link to register your interest and one of our experienced professional will reach out to you with in a day/ alternatively please call our dedicated support line at 1300 287 428 .